TENOVUS Tayside and North East invite applications for TENOVUS Scotland Research Grants.
Awards of up to £50,000 will be made:
- Preference is given to:
- Pump priming studies, which are thought likely to lead to subsequent funding from major grant-giving bodies
- Innovative patient-related projects
- Early career investigators
- Applications from investigators lacking other substantive support in the early stages of a new project
- Recent recruits
- New collaborations between established investigators
- Tenovus Scotland - Tayside does not fund:
- Applications which are not properly certificated
- Applications for work that will be conducted outside of the relevant region
- Partial funding for projects supported by other grant funds
- Applications that fail to provide evidence of appropriate ethical permission, or statistical justification for sample/cohort sizes (where appropriate)
- Equipment for routine patient care or for assessment of new products, which the manufacturer might be expected to finance
- Furthermore, while there are no hard rules, Tenovus Scotland - Tayside does not usually fund:
- Applications from established investigators for work within their usual field of expertise
- Applications from students
- Applications for follow-on work previously funded by Tenovus Scotland- Tayside, except in exceptional circumstances
- Additional points:
- While Tenovus Scotland - Tayside will consider applications from postdoctoral researchers, these require clear support from their current supervisor as a co-applicant.
- It is important that the principal investigator has tenure of contract for the duration of the award. In occasional cases where this is not the case, the nominated co-applicant who will substitute as principal investigator must be clearly identified
- The proposed start date and project duration should be clearly indicated on the application form
- The Tenovus Scotland - Tayside Regional Reference Code for each project must be used on all correspondence including and in particular on all invoices submitted to Tenovus Scotland - Tayside for payment
- Large Project Grants are primarily intended to support running costs, salaries and/or for research studentships. Requests to fund equipment for research will also be considered
- All applications will be submitted to detailed peer review
- We encourage researchers to publish their research in open-access journals.
Please apply to the address below for a Grant Application Form.
Miss Y Gormley
Regional Grants Administrator
TENOVUS SCOTLAND - TAYSIDE AND NORTH EAST DFIFE
Closing date: TBC