Tenovus Scotland, from time to time, invites applications which are issued through the Universities and Medical Schools:
- The Princess Royal Tenovus Scotland Medical Research Scholarship is a national initiative to fund talented PhD medical students for three years of full-time study.
- The Moulton-Barrett Research Scholarship is a Grampian region initiative to fund talented PhD medical students for four years of full-time study
- Tenovus Scotland also make the following awards
- The Sir Robin MacLellan Award is awarded annually for the research final report that is judged to be the most outstanding for the year
- The Sir Roddy MacSween Medal is an annual award limited to pathology intercalated degree students at the University of Glasgow
- Lady Margaret MacLellan Award is awarded to the best research carried out in Scotland in a nominated field and is made every two years
- The Lady Illingworth Trust Prize Award is awarded periodically to a person or persons who have made an outstanding contribution to the understanding of the disabilities which affect elderly people within the British Isles